Politics is one of the world’s most well-known, influential, and corrupt professions. It has rendered the world uninhabitable. It is the cause of all conflicts throughout history, including World Wars I and II. It has instilled in us apoliticism, or indifference or aversion toward all political associations/ families because we all know that nothing good can come from politics.
So, I’m going to discuss political parties/families that have ruled as prime ministers and presidents of their respective nations for generations throughout the world:
- India: The Nehru-Gandhi family is India’s longest political dynasty, dominating the country’s power and politics. They have produced three Indian prime ministers who have led the country’s central government for more than 54 years.
- Japan: Japan is home to several prominent political dynasties/families. Starting with the Hatoyama Family, akin to the Kennedy Family in the United States, has had two prime ministers. Two prime ministers in the Fukuda and Konoe-Hosokawa families led Japan. Furthermore, the Sat–Kishi–Abe dynasty has produced three prime ministers.
- Pakistan: With two prime ministers, Pakistan’s Bhutto-Zardari family has been the country’s dominating family. The Sharif family has been their rivals, as they have served as Prime Minister of Pakistan three times (Nawaz Sharif).
- North Korea: Since 1948, the Kim family has ruled the country, with many of the family’s successors maintaining dictatorial control.
- South Korea: The Park dynasty is the country’s oldest democratic family, having led the country for more than 22 years via two presidents.
- Singapore: Since 1959, the Lee family has been the country’s oldest political dynasty, with two of the country’s three prime ministers serving for 48 years and counting.
- USA: With two presidents, the Bush family has been a significant political dynasty in the United States. They’ve been in charge of the United States for the past 12 years.
- Canada: With 11 years and counting, the Trudeau family has served as Canada’s prime minister twice.
- UK: The Crown is above the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom because the Queen is the head of state of the United Kingdom, and it will continue to be so even after the death of Queen Elizabeth II.
These are just a few of the many, if you want to know more, Click Here!