Guinness World Records was launched by Sir Hugh Beaver and twin brothers, Norris and Ross McWhirter in Fleet Street, London, in August 1955, and it was known as The Guinness Book of Records from 1955 to 1999. It is an annual reference book that lists world records for both human accomplishments and natural world extremes.
As of the 2022 edition of the Guinness World Records book, in its 67th year of publication, with over 53,000 records in its database and has been published in 100 countries and 23 languages.
With such a rich history and power in its hands, we always wonder how much a person gets paid after setting a Guinness World Record?
- Their job, according to GWR, is to verify and document world records. They never compensate record-breakers for their accomplishments or attempts at breaking records. They also don’t pay for expenses, sponsorship, or equipment for anyone trying a record.
- While achieving your feat, you might be able to earn money from advertisers/sponsors.
You receive a medal, worldwide fame, a citation, your name in the GWR Book, and maybe a place in history. I believe it is the fact that you possess a record in the GWR, as well as the ‘accolades’ of breaking the record, that motivates individuals!
- It was invented when the developer became embroiled in a debate about which game bird in Europe was the quickest.
- The global record for the most stolen book from a public library is held by the Guinness Book of World Records.
- Every year, according to their own estimates, GWR gets over 50,000 submissions but only 1,000 are selected.
- It is the most copyrighted book ever sold in the world, and it holds the record for this in the book industry.
- Applying for a Guinness World Record new record costs $5.
- Ashrita Furman has set over 600 official Guinness Global Records and presently retains 531 of them, making him the Guinness World Record holder for the most world records.
- Jim Pattison Group, the parent company of Ripley Entertainment, owns GWR as of 2008.
India’s Limca Book of Records, similar to the Guinness Book of World Records, features records set in India. Simply said, the Limca Book of Records is India’s most distinguished record book, whereas Guinness World Records is a global record book.