While we struggle to stay home and curb our wanderlust, BMW has created the world’s first flying vehicle.
This is both historically significant and futuristic. It’s fantastic to have a car that allows you to travel easily on land and air, both inside the country and abroad.
AirCar, a dual-mode car-aircraft vehicle prototype, achieved a significant milestone with a 35-minute flight from Nitra International Airport to Bratislava, Slovakia.
Why is Flying Car Needed?
- Zero-Emission as these cars use Power Batteries
- Faster Transportation in a shorter time
- Less Traffic Congestion
AirCar Important Details:
- Stefan Klein created AirCar, which has accomplished 142 successful landings and flights.
- It has completed an 80km flight at an average speed of 170km/hr.
- It has a BMW engine and runs on petrol-pump fuel.
Same Plans in India:
The flying automobile will be built in Gujarat by the Dutch company PAL-V. A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) has been signed with the firm, and manufacturing will begin in 2021.
According to PAL-V, the flying car would have aerial images of 500 kilometres and a top speed of 180 kilometres per hour.
Why Gujarat as its manufacturing facility?
- World-class Infrastructure
- Ease of doing Business
- Better Port
- Logistics Facilities
Well, soon one of our future dreams will come true. All we need now is a robot companion and blue/pink hair, and we are all set for Time Travel.