We’re all different, and that’s what makes us intriguing to everyone around us. Some people prefer to rise with the sun (Early Birds), while others prefer to sleep until the moon disappears (Night Owls).
Our elders have told us about the health benefits of waking up early (lark), how it is good for the body, mind, and spirit. Nocturnal people, on the other hand, are said to be the more creative and intelligent as they find Silence, Loneliness and peace more motivating.
So, What is to be a Night Owl (Nocturnal) and an Early Bird (Lark). Do early birds always get the worms?
- Positive emotions including Happiness are reported to be higher in the morning people.
- Night owls have a difficult time shifting to a 9 to 5 job due to diminished connection in brain regions required to keep consciousness. Other disadvantages could include a higher chance of mental health issues and metabolic problems.
- In comparison to morning larks, nocturnal owls are more prone to health-harming activities (smoking, drinking, and consuming weed).
- Morning larks have a calm, pleasant demeanour (a night’s sleep restores the body and soul), are persistent in their pursuits (unlike night owls), and are highly energetic and proactive.
- Sometimes, mental health plays a vital role. If you are suffering from depression, stress or hypertension, you will have sleepless nights or days.
- We can only glimpse our actual desires at night. We ponder our sadness and yearnings that have been temporarily obscured by the sun.
- Night owls are bold, open-minded, rebellious, and daydreamers with plenty of time on their hands. Early birds, on the other hand, are less prone to fatigue and frustration, have a higher level of life satisfaction (positivity), and are more perseverant and cooperative.
According to the study, IQ average and sleeping patterns are intimately connected, indicating that people who play beneath the moon are indeed more clever. For them, the sun is the source of all sorts of distractions.
Why People are so Different?
- It all depends on your social skills and intellectual knowledge.
- Genetics may play a role in determining whether you like dawn or dusk.
- Circadian Rhythms (Biological Clock) may also influence your sleep chronotypes like morningness and eveningness.
- The use of a smartphone on a daily basis could aid in the identification of sleep chronotypes.
- The researchers also discovered evidence that women prefer to get up early. Men, on the other, are mostly night owls who spend time sitting.
- Ambitious and highly motivated people, according to the research, are more likely to be active early in the day. It’s a habit that will help you become more successful.
To be honest, some of us aren’t morning people or night owls. We prefer to go to bed early and sleep until the wee hours of the morning. At the same time, if the situation calls for it, we can be a combination of both. The situations we face on a daily basis are unpredictable. Being adaptable in our studies, jobs, and careers, as well as dealing with adversity, will enable us to shift constraints.