Humans are full of emotions and it just takes the right words and the right person to make us melt and spill our beans. We all have our struggles with so much pain and sadness that it makes us immune after some time, nothing can move us. But there are moments and times of day, that make us lose control over our words and feelings with us, conversing about deepest darkest secrets.
According to studies, people who are weary at night are not only less productive, but are also more inclined to lie, cheat, or act unethically in other ways.
So, why people are more honest during the Night?
- The night is quiet enough for us to hear and say our minds.
- At night, we are concentrated on talking about ourselves with no other thing occupying our minds. For eg: Work, Travelling, Food, Family, School or anything.
- It’s time for people to doze off, leaving us with more peace, thoughtfulness and freedom.
- By night, we all are so tired (mentally, physically and emotionally) that, we give in the ability to fight (being defensive). The only thing left with us is, to be honest, not beating around the bush.
- Lying requires more energy, and you have less energy at night owing to exhaustion. So, many individuals employ this technique: message the person between 12 and 2 p.m., and presto, you will be able to extract secrets from them.
- During the night, people are physically and emotionally weakest and most vulnerable. Late-night discussions (3–4 a.m.) are particularly hypnotic.
- The night is about silence. The less distraction and disturbance in your environment, the more likely you are to start visualizing things, become emotionally swayed and become immersed deeper into the conversation.
Late-night conversations bring out both the best and worst in you. Your darkest worries, regrets, phobias, and desires begin to make sense not only to you but also to the other person. It is intimate to share your deepest wants.
With each secret you disclose, you share a part of yourself with someone with whom you have an intimate relationship or who may be the beginning of an intimate relationship, and that intimate relationship does not have to be of love; it may also be of friendship. Finding someone worth talking to late at night outside of your comfort zone is emotional.
Late-night discussions are all about trust. You don’t confide in everyone you meet, but once you find someone worth pursuing, it’s difficult to keep that person away from the world that lives inside your thoughts. You accept this person not only into your heart but also into your thoughts.
So, Night is definitely the worst time to chat (if you don’t want your heart to get in trouble) and arguably the perfect time to talk if you want things to keep rolling. However, ‘What you say’ and ‘How you say it’ is more important than ‘When you say it’.