We are swiftly pacing towards the future where everything is automatic and electric. We are utilising resources available to us naturally and artificially whether we talk about crude oil, solar, wind, hydro, clean energy or electric. With time, we have moved from oil vehicles to electric vehicles (EVs).
The global electric vehicle market is expected to increase at a CAGR of 26.8% from 4,093 thousand units in 2021 to 34,756 thousand units by 2030:
- Low-emission commuting and government incentives for long-range,
- zero-emission vehicles,
- Tax refunds have pushed manufacturers to provide electric vehicles all over the world.
The rising demand for electric vehicles (EVs) is being driven by a growing need for low-cost, low-emission vehicles.
India and EV:
The new vehicle scrappage policy in which old vehicles can be scrapped off for changing to low emission ones and other upcoming policies will help the country become the region’s fastest-growing market for EVs in the coming years.
Electric vehicles aren’t as futuristic as they used to be. They are eco-friendly and pocket friendly as well. With over 32,416 units sold in February 2022, electric two-wheelers continue to drive EV sales in India.
Top 5 EV Two-wheeler Brands of India (as of February 2022):
- Hero Electric: Hero Electric continues to be India’s largest electric two-wheeler manufacturer. It has sold 7,356 units in February. Its goal is to develop technological advancements such as next-generation low-speed, city-speed, and high-speed electric vehicles (EVs).
- Okinawa Autotech: In February, it moved 5,923 units. Its vision is for ‘India’ to become a key player in electric and sustainable mobility.
- Amphere Vehicles: As of February, it had sold 4,303 units. Its goal is to make everyday mobility enjoyable for its 75,000+ rapidly expanding customer base.
- Ola Electric: Last month, it supplied 3,904 units. Ola Electric plans to deploy more than 4,000 charging sites for its electric scooters across cities by 2022 as part of its ambitious charging infrastructure ambition.
- Ather Energy: In February, it sold 3,904 to its customers. It aims to produce one million electric scooters per year.
Electric vehicles (EVs) are the bright present and future of the automobile industry, which is undergoing huge technological development.