We were all excited when we heard about Zack Snyder’s Justice League Cut releasing after months of petitioning as we were unhappy with Joss Whedon’s Justice League. I thought this would be like DC’s Animation type movie full of indestructible villains, creative plots and astounding action sequences, but I was again to my very core disappointed.
I know a few people will disagree with me on this, but I got my reasons for showing my lack of awe:
- 4-Hour Long, Too Long: We all have been a fan of movies that have crossed the 4-hour duration like Kill Bill. But this was Jack Snyder’s Justice League. Too long with too many specific details that we definitely need a movie about and a pen to write down. The only new parts for me were Darkseid’s entry and his ‘Destroy the world as we know it’ threat and Martian Manhunter’s introduction along with Green Lantern Corps.
- Superman is a little downer: I have always disliked the amount of reckless and raw powers he possesses. But in this movie, he was not a team player but a god. For me, if you are making a movie about a team, make sure everyone feels like they are contributing with their powers. With Superman, it is like he has everything and knows everything, then what is the need for Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Cyborg and Aquaman. Well, they were needed in the movie to resurrect him and stall the bad guys till he arrives. If you have seen Justice League Dark Apokolips War, then you would agree with me about him being the biggest bonehead, thinking he’s the best and how he leads to everyone’s demise and sufferings.
- No future Sequels: I am sorry to burst your bubbles, but I am sure there isn’t going to be a sequel with the same casts. Although if we count Justice League War and Justice League Dark Apokolips War, then there are animation sequels.
- Lack of Sentiments/Fun: The other reason for my dislike of this movie is how it doesn’t grab you emotionally and make you laugh as mostly all the funny scenes are too dramatic to be called funny. Flash tries too hard to be funny and there wasn’t a part where I felt like they were a team – more like professionals with no personal connections.
- Better Flash than Joss Whedon’s Flash: One thing I am really grateful about is the appropriate representation of Flash. Zack Snyder’s flash was sincere, skilled and charming, other than Joss Whedon’s Flash who was used as comic relief with the weirdest jokes ever. This can be said for Aquaman as well who wasn’t trying to be tough in Zack Snyder’s version.
- You cannot unsee what you have seen: For me, Zack Snyder’s Justice League was an extended version with more backstory and more characters. So, when I was watching it, I was seeing the same things with more screen time. Although, I was thrilled when I saw Darkseid, DeSaad, Granny Goodness and Martian Manhunter. But it was short-lived and ultimately killed off my curiosity as there isn’t going to be a sequel.
- The GFXs were too hard on the eyes: The graphics were too sharp and too dark on the eyes. DeSaad, Steppenwolf, Darkseid, Cyborg were too animated, they didn’t feel real at all.
I firmly believe that DC’s Live-Action movies are mediocre. Some movies confound me like Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Christopher Nolan’s Batman Trilogy, Joker, Birds of Prey – Harley Quinn while movies like Shazam, Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman 1984 strengthen my belief in condemning DC’s live-action movies. The biggest problem is the division of power among heroes, especially with them not letting Wonder Woman lead at her full strength. I am a big fan of Batman’s dexterity, cleverness and the fact that he doesn’t need Powers to look cool and indestructible, but here, I was disappointed.
So, there you have it, folks. These were the reasons for my lack of liking of Jack Snyder’s Justice League.